I have some questions for you that I hope you will talk about on the blog & let everybody know what you think:
- If you have a job, where you get paid money, do you like your job?
- If you said Yes, what do you like most about your job?
- If you said No,what kind of job would you like to have?
- Have you ever been told that you couldn’t work because you have a disability?
- If you said Yes,how did that make you feel?
- If somebody who doesn’t have a disability is doing the same job that you are, do you think that both of you should be paid the same amount of money?
In my bones, I believe that everyone with a disability who wants to have a job that they enjoy, should be able to do that & I’m not the only person who believes that!
SUFU is part of a group called Employment First Maine, which is a group that is working hard on making sure that anybody with a disability who wants to work, can do so.
I will be SUFU’s representative in the group, so I will keep you updated.
- If you could have a job that you picked,that you enjoyed & that you got paid the same as someone without a disability, what would that mean to you?
- Would you like to be able to have people who know you the best (friends & family) be part of helping you figure out what would be good jobs for you to try?
Talk on the blog & let everybody know what you think. 🙂
If you have any questions, please post those, too.
By posting on the blog, we can all learn from each other, which is why we started the blog. 🙂
If you need help posting to the blog or help figuring out what you would like to say, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Until next time,