Employment Opportunities as Speaking Up For Us
Chapter Advisor Position
Speaking Up For Us (SUFU) Maine’s self-advocacy group for adults who live with developmental and intellectual disabilities is in search of a new team member to serve in the role of Chapter Advisor.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Chapter development of existing SUFU Chapters
- Outreach and start-up of new chapters
- Membership outreach and tabling activities
- Assisting chapters in development and growth.
- Promotion of Leadership skills among SUFU members
- Collaboration and coordination with other team members and chapter advisors
- Developing community partnerships with the chapters and community leaders
- Working with chapter members to develop and implement plans
- Assisting Chapters to fundraise and be fiscally responsible
- Work to fulfill the Mission and Vision of SUFU
Reliable transportation and a clean driving record are necessary. Must have computer skills and be able to use basic technology including social media, email, and video conferencing. Must be willing and able to pass a background check.
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills, leadership skills, and be able to work independently to carry out assigned tasks. Prior experience working with and empowering people living with disabilities preferred but not required.
This is a part-time 20-30 hours per week position eligible for some benefits. Pay range is $15-$17 per hour, depending on experience.
The chapters identified for this position are located in Central Maine with travel throughout the state on occasion. The ideal candidate will live in the Greater Bangor, or Greater Augusta area. The Chapter Advisor will work from home when not traveling and will be required to designate a work space.
To learn about Speaking Up For Us visit our website: http://sufumaine.org/
Interested parties may send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will remain open until the appropriate candidate is found.