Access: What activities does SUFU want to do that help people gain access to information and resources they need?
Goal 1: SUFU will do things to promote access to needed information and resources by:
Objective 1: Maintaining and updating the SUFU website monthly to share resources and information about our work and to get information from others, including the website address in all fiscal year 04-05 SUFU materials and announcing the website in at least three ways by June 2005.
Objective 2: Publishing and sending out two newsletters a year, about every six months, to share information with people inside and outside SUFU; first issue by December 30, 04, second issue by June 30, 05.
Objective 3: Publishing and sending to our mailing list by 9-1-04 a booklet that tells about the trainings we offer and how to get them, giving this booklet out in at least three other ways.
Objective 4: Maintaining a resource library and publicizing its services four times by June 30, 2005.
Objective 5: Helping members to get information by:
- Supporting members to attend events such as regional gatherings, at least 3 statewide meetings or conferences, and at least 3 out of state conferences that support our mission by June 30, 2005.
- Helping people learn fundraising options to attend regional gatherings, statewide conferences and out of state conferences that support our mission by sharing information about upcoming conferences and fundraising options by June 30, 2005.
- Developing a plan by June 30, 2005 to help with fundraising and support to help 15 people attend the national SABE conference in NJ in 2006.
Objective 6: Helping people learn the skills of self advocacy leaders and advisors for local self advocacy groups by offering trainings at least three times this year.
Objective 7: Educating and promoting community inclusion efforts by training seven different audiences such as community, family members, professionals or agencies by June 30, 2005.
Objective 8: Planning, designing, promoting and putting on a statewide annual conference for 300 self advocates and supporters this fiscal year.
Objective 9: Studying and applying for at least three grants to increase access to resources we need by June 30, 2005.
Independent Action: What activities does SUFU want to do that help people solve problems and make decisions on their own, acting independently, as family members, citizens or workers?
Goal 2: SUFU will do things that help us and other self advocates solve problems and make decisions on their own, acting independently, as family members, citizens or workers:
Objective 1: Conducting regular business through regularly scheduled officer (bimonthly minimum), and at least four board meetings by June 30, 2005.
Objective 2: Developing an action plan by 1-05 to develop tools to evaluate advisors and the evaluation tools by June 30, 2005.
Objective 3: Supporting programs that help people direct their lives and increase independence such as the Independence Plus pilot project and Tools for Tomorrow by June 30, 2005.
Voice: What activities does SUFU want to do that help people share opinions and ideas effectively?
Goal 3: SUFU will do things that help us and other self advocates effectively share ideas and opinions with others by:
Objective 1: Helping individual voices to be heard by teaching about voting through 3 trainings by June 30, 2005.
Objective 2: Supporting at least ten individuals to speak out publicly through letters and testimony about issues that affect people with disabilities by June 30, 2005.
Objective 3: Doing meaningful work as an equal partner with organizations such as DRC, BDS, DDC and CCI on at least one project that will help increase access to needed information and resources by June 30, 2005.
Objective 4: At least twice, support new local self advocacy groups to start and help current groups in trouble by June 2005.
Objective 5: Informing DHHS MR regional team leaders of local self advocacy meeting schedules to encourage collaboration.
Bridge to the Future: What activities does SUFU want to do that help people keep growing and learning to be ready for the future?
Goal 4: SUFU will do things that help us and other self advocates keep growing and learning to be ready for the future by:
Objective 1: Working on improving teaching and facilitating skills by supporting at least three members to participate in train the trainer type events by June 2005.
Objective 2: Supporting members to participate in efforts with policy makers, professionals and the public to increase access to:
- Affordable transportation for people with disabilities by working with at least three public or rural transportation system/committees, by getting information on resources that support people with disabilities to get driverís licenses by hosting a speaker to talk about driving at a statewide meeting and by educating policy makers on transportation issues, by June 30, 2005.
- Meaningful, competitive employment by hosting a forum and policy maker to talk about equal opportunity employment rights at a statewide meeting by June 2005.
Follow the links below to view Goals and Objectives from Previous Years.
SUFU Goals and Objectives 2010 - 2011
SUFU Goals and Objectives 2009 - 2010
SUFU Goals and Objectives 2008 - 2009
SUFU Goals and Objectives 2007 - 2008
SUFU Goals and Objectives 2006 - 2007
SUFU Goals and Objectives 2005 - 2006
SUFU Goals and Objectives 2004 - 2005
SUFU Goals and Objectives 2003 - 2004
SUFU Goals and Objectives 2002 - 2003